Thursday, October 29, 2009

Moving on

This is my first post in quite some time, and i have some new things to share.

First of all, it appears that I have (or not) a heart attack. I was coaching a volleyball game when I started feeling chest pains at the beginning of the final match of the season. Had all the symptoms. Good thing our bus driver was also an emt. He checked me out and immediatly called 911. Ambulance came and my blood pressure was 192/129. They immediatly transported me to the hospital. I was kept there 3 hours and sent home. Upon following up with my doctor, who was angry that i was sent home and not kept for observations, i was scheduled for a nuclear stess test. (side effects included death...stress test indeed) I am still waiting the official results, but the initial reports showed parts of my heart were not getting blood...which the nurse said usually indicates a heart attack, or prelude to a heart attack.

Second, I have left my family and friends behind at the roots commuity. It was a tough decision, but I knew that God was behind it. Jesse, my head pastor and friend for about 17 years was sad to see me go, but sent me out with his blessing and prayers. As a matter of fact, the wonderful people at roots all sent me out with praise and prayers. We have moved to Northridge, the church that is over the school where i teach.

I initially came to Northridge to help Pastor James with Fusion, his youth group. I have also been asked to restart up their college ministry. This is an amazing opprotunity. Already building great relationships there, and strengthining the ones i started with at the school.

I am so thankful that God has not allowed me to get in the way of all that He is doing, and even more thankful that He has included me in His plans for building His church here in central florida.

Please continue to keep Sue and I in your prayers, not only for ministry, but in the fact that we are almost finished potty training a soon to be 3 yr old.

Keanu Reeves does not care that I could not go through airport security for 24 hours following my nuclear stess test (and no, that is not a lie, i was warned by the doctors)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow nuthin like a confident strong medical diagnosis to make you feel secure eh? geez

alright man, finish up that potty training and you are golden!