Friday, January 9, 2009

A funny thing happened at the doctors office today

I went in with a stomach ache and left with a heart problem.

No, i am not joking. My blood pressure was 150 over 98. They ordered an ekg. They shaved patches of my chest. The ekg came back ok. Then the doctor listened to my heart. She asked me if i everhad issues before. She called it mitro valve prolapse. The valve does not cover the opening the way it should. Normally not an issue, but she was very concerned with that and my high blood pressure. So, she ordered extensive blood work and and echo cardio gram, kinda like an ultra sound for your heart. Wants to see how bad the valve is and if there are any tears in the heart. I am on Blood pressure meds now. I am guessing a diet too. And start my excercise program this week...riding a bike home from work. 5miles. All this because my tummy hurt. and because i promised my wife i would get a check up. and because i want to live long enough to see my son grow into a strong man of God. I hate doctors, but am grateful for them.

Keanu reeves does not care about me not going out for fast food anymore.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Dude, I had no idea today! Praying for ya brother! I bet Keanu Reeves doesn't like the Dr either.

A Cane in Gator Country said...

just to spite me, he probably does like doctors. thanks forthe prayer.