Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Ok, so it has been a while since my last post, and with good reason...I AM AMISH!!!

Not really. It just seems that way. Polk County smudged my wifes electronic fingerprints, which, by the way, is supposed to be impossible to do. This smudge delayed her processing until August 31st, which is the day after paychecks went out. That means that she will not get a paycheck until September 30th. That also means that we are poor. We have no money for luxuries such as internet and cable.

It actually has not been that bad. We spend more time together as a family, which is always a good thing.

My job is amazing. The teachers here at Northridge are treating me like I am part of their family. The students are great as well. Most of them actually seem to want to learn. Homework is actually being done at home. The church staff is also great here...even though they dont like my Miami Hurricanes.

The Church plant is going great. We are now the Roots Community. Things are really taking off and starting to look up. Chuck and myself are helping out a youth pastor in the area. Jon is fairly new at youth ministry, but his passion for teens is incredible. And, he has a desire to learn. Plus, I will be discipling the students who came up to do the church plant with us.

Keanu Reeves does not care about the Baconater (Wendys greatest sandwich to date)

No comments: