Thursday, August 7, 2008

Lesson learned

Ok, so God decided to show me just how wrong I could be. I was not finding Joy. Rather, let me say that I was taking my joy in what God could do, not what He is. To update my last post, I now have a job teaching at a school, my son had a daycare spot open up at that school, and God, one again is showing me that He really does take care of all my needs. I knew that. Thats what makes me feel bad, but in a good way.

You see, my pastor told me to preach to myself. All those lessons that I have taught my youth group, I needed to give to me. I did, and then God answered my prayers. How low am I to think that God would not take care of my family. In my prayer time I felt God telling me that its ok. God just does not give up on me. I am so thankful for that. I hope that I dont do this again.

My trip back to south florida was amazing. I took 3 of my new youth back with me so that they could say goodbye to their friends one last time before the school year starts. We had a blast, singing clasic rock songs, talking about favorite movies, songs, and even having them criticize me over my love of all things High School Musical. These kids have a passion for God and that inspires me. And they are great kids. I cant wait to continue watching them grow in faith.

I am enjoying my last few days in south fla with my best friend. We ate Publix Chicken, watched tv and just had fun. I have to clean my townhouse...i dont want to. I start work on Monday and that means my last days of summer will be spent cleaning.

So, as I go start my new life in Haines city, I am taking my new perspective on Joy with me. I will be counting it ALL joy...not just in what God can do, but Who GOD IS. Keep praying for us. thanks

Keanu Reeves does not care about the current state of the housing market in Florida.

No comments: