Tuesday, August 5, 2008

count it all joy

Ok, so I am supposed to count it all joy. The Bible says that, in the book of James. Its even specific. It says to count it all joy when you face trials of many kinds. So why am I have trouble with this.

I know that my joy comes from God alone. Some of the most joyous moments I have ever experienced come from me trusting God and letting Him take control of situations that I know I cant handle.

This move to Haines City has been a great blessing and God has made everything work out so well. We found great housing at an even better price. My wife got a job before we ever found housing. Two of my closest friends made the move with us and the church to help with the youth group. Our Youth Group has a core group of around 8-10 kids who are amazing. I cant wait to start working with them. I have the final job interview for a teaching position that will hopefully allow me to do volleyball. And yet, my joy seems to be a work in progress.

My son has nowhere to go durring the day. The school I may work at has a great daycare, but it is full. I could scrap the teaching job and just get a night job so I can stay home with Devin durring the day. I dont want to make that decision because I want to let God continue to show me His way. I dont want the decision to be based out of fear or concern. I want it to be where God wants me.

So, this is what God means by trials of many kinds.

I did some fundraising yesterday. It went well. I am still waiting for God to take over that also.
My old company agreed to be a prayer partner with me. I dont know if they will help financially but the prayer is a great start.

So, here is my Joy. Knowing that God has always taken care of me. To the non believer that may not sound like joy, but for me, it truely is. I know that God will take care of my family and me in His way. He took care of us when I was not following what He called me to do. Looking back, I can see that God took care of me even when I was not following Him at all. I would be an idiot if I did not think He would continue taking care of me. Its just the worldly part of me that has concern.

Pray for me to continue to find joy in all the trials that I face. And pray that all our needs are met and that things continue to work out for us. Thank you in advance for the prayer.

Well, I gotta go. See you in the Four Corners area. I have to go start counting the Joy.

Keanu Reeves does not care about giving me back the money I spent watching the Lake House.

No comments: